Helping People Move Forward With Their Lives
Katie Shelton was born and raised in Bethesda, Maryland. She graduated from Emory University with a B.A. in Spanish and earned her J.D. from Georgia State University College of Law. While in law school, she gained valuable experience as a judicial extern in the Family Division of Fulton County Superior Court. She also worked with the Family Law section of the State Bar of Georgia to research and develop legislative proposals relating to Georgia's legitimation statute. Her research was featured at the 2014 Family Law Institute.
Katie lives in the Old Fourth Ward neighborhood of Atlanta and sings with the Atlanta Women's Chorus.
- Family Law 100%
- Georgia, 2015
- Georgia State University College of Law, Atlanta, Georgia
- Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia
- Outstanding Pupil, Charles Longstreet Weltner Family Law Inn of Court
- CALI Award, Advanced Legal Writing, 2013-Present
- Atlanta Bar Association, 2013 to 2016
- Georgia Association of Women Lawyers, 2014 to 2016
- Smith & Lake, Law Clerk, 2014 to 2015
- Honorable Wendy L. Shoob, Family Division, Judicial Extern, 2014 to 2014