Helping People Move Forward With Their Lives
- Sole Practitioner
- Sole Practitioner
Tamar Oberman Faulhaber was born and raised in Oak Park, California. She graduated Magna Cum Laude with Honors in Philosophy from Lafayette College in Easton, Pennsylvania in 1990, where she was also a Marquis Scholar. She earned her Juris Doctorate from UCLA Law School in 1993, where she served as editor of UCLA Law Review and was a recipient of a Child Abuse Fellowship.
Tamar clerked for the Honorable Alford J. Dempsey, Jr., in the Fulton County Superior Court for approximately five years. She served on the Rules Committee to establish and maintain the Fulton County Family Division which served as an example as a successful model of a Family Court to other counties in the State. Tamar also served on the Forms Committee of the Fulton County Family Law Information Center to assist citizens of the State to represent themselves in domestic matters.
Tamar volunteered with the Family Law Center for the San Fernando Valley in California and with Victim/Witness division of the DeKalb County Solicitor's Office in Georgia, assisting victims of domestic violence in family law related matters.
Tamar is a trained Guardian ad Litem and Domestic Mediator, and over the past fifteen years, she handled all types of Family Law matters from Paternity and Legitimation actions, Juvenile Court matters, Domestic Violence cases, Divorces, Custody cases, Child Support matters, International Custody disputes, Contempts, Appeals, and Jury Trials.
In addition to the practice of Domestic Relations Litigation, Tamar also taught Domestic Relations Law as an adjunct professor at John Marshall Law School in Atlanta.
Tamar is admitted to practice law in California, Arizona, and Georgia.
- Family Law
- Child Support
- Custody & Visitation
- Domestic Mediation
- Domestic Relations Litigation
- Juvenile Law
- Civil Litigation
- Georgia, 1996
- Arizona, 1994
- California, 1993
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Georgia, 1996
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 1993
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 1993
- UCLA School of Law, Los Angeles, California
- J.D. - 1993
- Lafayette College, Easton, Pennsylvania
- Bachelors of Arts - 1990
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Adjunct Professor - Family Law, John Marshall Law School, Atlanta, Georgia, 2005 to 2005
- AV Rated, 10.0 Score on AVVO
- National Advocates Top 100 Lawyers
- Fulton County Family Division, Rules Committee
- American Bar Association, Family Law Section, Member
- Georgia State Bar, Family Law Section, Member
- Georgia State Bar, Appellate Section Member
- Georgia Association of Women Lawyers, Member
- Atlanta Bar Association, Family Law Section, Member
- Hadassah Attorney Council, Member
- Cobb County Bar Association Member
- Gwinnett County Bar Association, Member
- North Fulton Bar Association Community Awareness Committee, Director and Chair
- Women in Profession, Member
- Vernis & Bowling of Atlanta, LLC, Senior Attorney, 2008 to 2012
- Cordell & Cordell, Senior Associate, 2005 to 2008
- John Marshall Law School in Atlanta, Adjunct Professor
- Stettner, Eisenberg & Morris, Associate, 1993 to 1994
- Honorable Alford J. Dempsey, Jr. at Fulton County Superior Court, Clerk
- Forms Committee of the Fulton County Family Law Information Center
- Volunteer, Family Law Center for the San Fernando Valley